Traumatic events are often frightening and upsetting, causing a range of intense physical, emotional and psychological symptoms. People commonly feel shock and disbelief right after the traumatic event, and may have a hard time accepting the reality of what happened.
Updated! Disaster Resources Guide for National and Local Assistance Download Guide
The following tip sheets can be used to help relieve traumatic stress reactions and begin healing:
- Helping children cope after a traumatic event English | Spanish
- How to cope after a traumatic event English | Spanish
- Living with threats of violence English | Spanish
- Supporting employees during traumatic events English | Spanish
As a Magellan client or member, here’s how to use these resources:
- Employers (EAP and eMbrace) – Contact your Magellan Account Representative to have the tip sheets co-branded with your logo and program information.
- Federal, State and County Agencies – Share the link to this website or its resources with your employees and program participants.
- Commercial Health Plans – Share the link to this website or its resources with your clients and members.
- Members – Read the tip sheets and visit the links to learn what to do before, during and after traumatic events, natural disasters and other emergencies.
We also encourage you to visit the Ready.gov website for additional preparedness information such as guides and videos for events including: