Accreditation & Awards
Magellan is committed to making smart, strategic and bold moves to improve the way we do business.
National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA)
NCQA is a national organization that accredits/certifies managed behavioral health organizations (MBHOs), utilization management organizations (UM) and health plans (HP). Magellan is one of the leaders in the industry in NCQA accreditation and is uniquely positioned to work with health plan customers to take full advantage of new NCQA standards and guidelines.
Magellan was instrumental in helping NCQA shape its MBHO accreditation program by providing NCQA with extensive feedback on draft standards and hosting pilot corporate and site reviews. Magellan’s three-year, Full NCQA MBHO Accredited sites include:
- Human Affairs International of California, Inc. (San Diego, California), effective through January 14, 2025.
- Magellan Healthcare, Inc. (Maryland Heights, Missouri), effective through June 1, 2025.
- Magellan Behavioral Health of Pennsylvania (Newtown, PA), effective through February 24, 2026.
- Magellan Complete Care of Louisiana (Baton Rouge, LA), effective through June 18, 2023.
Magellan Sites with additional accreditations include:
- Magellan Behavioral Health of Pennsylvania (Newtown, PA) has achieved NCQA’s Distinction in Multicultural Health Care through August 2, 2024.
Founded in 1990, URAC is the independent leader in promoting healthcare quality through leadership, accreditation, measurement and innovation. URAC is a nonprofit organization using evidence-based measures and developing standards through inclusive engagement with a range of stakeholders committed to improving the quality of healthcare. URAC’s portfolio of accreditation and certification programs span the healthcare industry, addressing healthcare management, healthcare operations, health plans, pharmacies, telehealth providers, physician practices, and more. URAC accreditation is a symbol of excellence for organizations to showcase their validated commitment to quality and accountability. Magellan has had sites accredited by URAC since 1992.
- In 2022, Magellan Healthcare’s two units earned full URAC Re-Accreditation through June 2025, under the Health Utilization Management Standards, version 7.4.
- In 2022, Human Affairs International of California also earned Full URAC Re-Accreditation through June 2025, under the Health Utilization Management Standards, version 7.4.