Magellan Condition Care Management®: MedPsych
Integrating Medical and Behavioral Care for Maximum Results
It is well known that by addressing behavioral health issues, individuals are better able to manage or even prevent costly medical conditions.
Magellan Condition Care Management®: MedPsych was developed specifically to address behavioral health barriers that stand in the way of successful treatment outcomes. According to one recent case study, participants completing the program reported the following outcomes:
- Clinically significant improvement in mental health scores* 63%
- Improvement in work or school absenteeism 42%
Magellan Condition Care Management®: MedPsych is delivering improved health outcomes, enhanced productivity and high member satisfaction through:
- proactive outreach,
- on-going assessments,
- coordinated interventions
- and behavioral health coaching.
As a result, members are better able to manage their condition and stay on track with their treatment regimen. Clinical outcomes and quality of life is improving- and the overall cost of care is coming down.
* defined as a minimum of 5 points increase in the SF12® Health Survey scores
- Individualized, best-in-class clinical interventions that empower members to make changes that improve their health and well-being.
- Fully integrated behavioral and medical care enabling members to receive the comprehensive care necessary to maximize outcomes and reduce costs.
Higher Quality; Lower Costs:
- Improved clinical symptoms, health status and productivity
- High member satisfaction
- Fewer ER visits
- Fewer inpatient days
This page last updated 3/25/2010 10:46:55 AM