Improving Lives Through Insight, Innovation and Impact
Chronic medical condition prevalence grows as patients struggle to self-manage their conditions while high incidence behavioral issues magnify the problem...Autism cases continuing to rise prompting states to legislate coverage...Growing senior population demanding health care innovation and adult children doing double duty caring for their parents and their children...Returning veterans with unprecedented instances of post-traumatic stress and other behavioral health issues... Mental health parity legislation calls for a rewrite of most behavioral health plan designs ...
Clearly, managing health care has never been more complex than it is today. And often at the root of these health care challenges are behavioral health issues. To deliver the best total health care outcomes at a manageable cost, you need a trusted partner who specializes in behavioral health management. A partner with:
- Insight into today's health care challenges.
- The power to develop Innovative programs.
- The ability to Impact the lives of individuals, families and the communities where they live, improving overall health and well-being and controlling the cost of health care for all Americans.
In short, you need Magellan.
By working closely with customers, members, families and providers to understand their challenges, we develop innovative solutions that empower individuals to remove behavioral health barriers. The result?
- Employer customers are experiencing a reduction in absenteeism, an increase in presenteeism and improved productivity.
- Public sector customers are seeing some of their most vulnerable residents become healthier, productive members of their communities through innovative programs that focus on wellness, self-direction, personal empowerment and accountability.
- Health plans and employer customers are seeing improvements in medical treatment compliance as members report improvements in their mental and physical health.
Collaboration Along the Continuum of Care
Magellan's behavioral health and employee assistance/work-life services cover more than 31 million individuals. The company collaborates with health care purchasers to offer comprehensive, integrated programs that address behavioral health needs across the entire continuum of care - from helping improve lifestyles choices, to managing chronic mental illnesses, to catastrophic case management.
The key to effective management is reaching out to those at risk at the right time with the right intervention. By focusing on preventative care such as consumer education, employee assistance and lifestyle coaching, we help those at-risk remain healthy and productive.
For those with more chronic or acute behavioral needs, Magellan partners with providers, members and families to provide care coordination and intensive or targeted care management to ensure that the consumer receives the most appropriate and most effective treatment.
Magellan Continuum of Care
|Catastrophic:||MedPsych Complex Care Management, End of Life Care Support|
|Acute:||Utilization Management / Utilization Review|
|Post-Acute:||Intensive Care Management and MedPsych Care Management|
|Chronic:||Behavioral Health and MedPsych Disease Management, Obesity Management|
|At Risk:||EAP / Life Management & Coaching, Post-Discharge Management|
|Healthy:||Health Surveys, Education & Web Tools|